POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Major bug in SOR : Re: Major bug in SOR Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:12:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Major bug in SOR
From: Anders K
Date: 3 Sep 2001 10:42:48
Message: <3b9396e8@news.povray.org>
> Well, I believe what you are experiencing there is that the first and last
> points are only controls.

No, I know that the first and last points are controls. What I'm creating is
a cylinder of radius 2 and height 2 resting on the plane. Of course I could
do that with a cylinder, but I'm trying to demonstrate a bug in SOR. I'm
having the same problem trying to model a set of chess pieces; certain
camera angles are giving me the same problem.

The trouble is that the endcaps look wrong with the camera angle I showed.
The documentation says the SOR is closed by default, and it looks closed
when the camera is at <10, 10, 15>. But when the camera is at <10, 15, 15>
as in my code, it looks like the SOR is colored as if it were closed, but
rays are tested for intersection as if the SOR was open. (Look at
sorbug2.png.)

Anders